Where to eat sushi outside of Japan

Модератор: zlata

Where to eat sushi outside of Japan

Сообщение DARPA » 24 мар 2015, 21:15

I love Japanese food and I love to travel. In recent years, I have eaten in hundreds of Japanese restaurants in many dozens of cities around the world. So that the list below is representative rather. But let's start with the bad news: in Russia by land, things are bad. A year ago I would have said that Moscow has proven one place where you can eat Sushi - this restaurant Megu in Lotto Hotel. But the last time I did not really like it, and after the imposition of sanctions as something not to risk it. In order to explain why Moscow is so bad from the land, to cite the first Japanese chef "Sushi oars," resigned in a few months after the opening of the restaurant:
"I can not cut the fish, which comes without a head. After all, in order to understand whether the fish is suitable for sushi, I need to see her eyes in order to understand how she died."

But the good news is that among the list of some restaurants close to Russia to fly to Japan is not necessarily :)

So there you go!

Europe:

Alex Sushi, Oslo, Norway
For me - the best Japanese restaurant in continental Europe. Terrific. Just do not take the land of China (like fun to try, but tasteless and all the spoils).
The rest - all delicious, amazingly delicious

Shogun, Stockholm, Sweden
Place unpresentable, but close to the station, on the waterfront, near everything.
Excellent Ikura and amaebi.

Kojiro, Vienna, Austria
A unique place and only cheapest place in the list! Generally this takeaway, really inexpensive, in the tourist center of the old ...
But there is great sushi. Very few species, but great. Revealing my dialogue with the master:
-A Land with sea bass do you have?
-No
-But The picture painted
- (With a laugh) It's just a poster in Vienna ... It is very difficult to obtain.
He of course meant "In Vienna, it is very difficult to get regular seabass maximum freshness and quality, cool enough that I could sell the land from him." But he said simply "hard to get sea bass", everything else for this master goes without saying.

Shunka, Barcelona, ​​Spain
Too expensive unpretentious place, but very good, very much. Salmon melts in your mouth, as it should.

Oddly enough, but still. Neither Italy nor France, nor in Spain (in addition to Schunk), or in small European countries really good sushi I no longer eat. In Norway would call a couple of wonderful places, but they will all be worse than Alex Sushi, and get them to be more difficult (it's unlikely you to Aalesund for dryers go, right?;))
More must be said, to the most famous sushi places in Stockholm I got (very much like the Scandinavian cuisine), but I suspect that there is a better place and Shogun, it was full of fresh fish.

Asia:

Shikon, Centre, Hong Kong
There's a set menu, not only sushi. Is perhaps the best Japanese restaurant outside of Japan. Very expensive. But if money is not a problem - more than worth it. Words can not describe, really. Sushi has sauce, of course. Less than 10 seats.

Kenjo's, Kulun, Hong Kong
It was there that made the pictures from the previous post. Great place. Not haute cuisine. Simply great sushi.

I was a few places in Asia, I should say. Maybe in Thailand and in China (but certainly not in Guanzhou) is a stunning place, but I was there just was not to be appreciated.
In Japan, a stunning location is very, very much. Even writing examples pointless, Japan - a land paradise. Come to any area, see the best places near himself on Tripadvayzeru / Michelin, going, enjoy. The most famous restaurant in Japan - Jiro. It is from the photo at the beginning of this post. But I'm in the restaurant was not (say, everything is very much in a hurry - do not like that), photos from google images.

America:

Naoe, Miami, USA
Haute cuisine. Initially set menu in the bento box. Personally, I - do not like. But you can not give it up (you can not eat, can not fail to pay).
Then the land: even with the sauce as it should, eat with his hands. Sushi - definitely the best in Florida. Reserve - very difficult, less than 10 seats.

Zuma, Miami, USA
Very nice. Nothing outstanding, but still fresh, high-quality and tasty. Place a bit poppy, but are quickly and do not impose setmenyu. My favorite Japanese restaurant in Florida. Included in the large network of Zuma restaurants in London, Dubai and many more where.

Osaka, Buenos Aires, Argentina
It basically Peruvian cuisine. It's not quite sushi, sushi is Peruvian. But the fish - first-class. In general, an amazing place. I recently just for the sake of this restaurant on the day stayed in Buenos Aires.

Now, specifically California, where sushi is very good things (good many Japanese!):

Saru Sushi, San Francisco
PERFECT! Only reservation is not at all, you have come to the discovery or wait. Salmon variation - it's just fly away. If you are in San Francisco - you there. Terrific.
The sauce is usually in the land is already there. Sometimes not.

Kusakabe, San Francisco
Haute cuisine. Set menu, not only land, but mostly they are. And then you can get there. Considered the best Japanese restaurant in California.

Matsuhisa, Beverly Hills
"It is the" most hyped restaurant uniquely sushi restaurateur world, Nobu Matsuhisa.
There must be taken away, not only sushi. Very, very tasty. Saru better, but here grandly.

Sugarfish, Los Angeles
If you buried a bogomerzky in downtown Los Angeles, eat in Sugarfish. Very quickly, are very good drying. Rice? Nothing special, but not bad.
But fish in Nozawa cool. He has several points around the city, they are very famous and cool dude enjoys it. Known fact that not buying fish at the market.
To him to come with her best suppliers of fish, which he cuts off the best bits. Because its supplier be prestigious :)

I know that there are good places in New York, but for many years there was not.
DARPA

Вернуться в HIGHLIGHTS STORIES