Registration of a bike (electric) motorcycle in China: the case of Sanya and Haikou, Hainan
Although this article is written on the example of the cities of Sanya and Haikou in the province of Hainan, China, the procedure is practically the same in most other cities in China, since these rules are most often established at the national level.
Therefore, even the name of these institutions in your city of China, you can easily find if you change the characters for Sanya and Haikou to your city.
WHERE TO REGISTER AN ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLE IN HAIKOU: ALL MAIN ADDRESSES
The Haikou Traffic Police will follow the principle of nearest processing according to the order of the electronic queue number of the WeChat account 椰城交警 "Traffic Police".
If a foreigner cannot register in it, he must come directly to the Traffic Police Department with a package of documents:
1. Original ID of the owner (original power of attorney and ID of the trustee must be presented at the same time if the agent is trustee);
2. Original purchase invoice
3. Original product certificate
4. Bring your own safety helmet
Place and time of registration:
1. Longhua traffic control station address:
Longhua District, Longhua District, Haikou City, Shuian Changqiao Community
(Working time: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm, Saturday 8:30 am to 12:30 pm)
2.Golden Sun Vehicle Service Center, Lucy Street, Haidian Island, Meilan District, Haikou City
(Working time: Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 12:30. , 14:30-17:30, Saturday 8:30-12:30)
Address of Qiongshan Traffic Control Station, 1st Haima Street, No. 8, Longhua District, Haikou City
(Working time: Monday to Friday 8:30.30-12:30, 14:30-17:30, Saturday 8:30-12:30)
Xiuying Traffic Control Station Address: Auto City, Nanhai Avenue, Xiuying District, Haikou City
(opening hours: Monday to Friday 8:30-12:30, 14:30-17:30, Saturday 8:30-12:30)
HOW TO REGISTER AN ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLE BY YOURSELF IN SANYA
To avoid waiting in line, please pay attention to the official WeChat account of "Sanya Traffic Police" to make an online reservation before checking in. After receiving the booking number, bring all documents for processing.
What motorcycles can be registered?
Electric two-wheeled motorcycles and electric two-wheeled mopeds belong to the production and sale, which comply with the "General Technical Requirements for Electric Motorcycles and Electric Mopeds" (GB/T 24158-2018) and approved by the Ministry of Industry and Information. The vehicle model can be found in the "Declaration of manufacturers and products of road vehicles".
For electric two-wheeled motorcycles and electric two-wheeled mopeds, when purchasing a vehicle, a "Vehicle Manufacturer's Certificate" must be issued and a single invoice for the sale of the vehicle issued.
LIST OF REGISTRATION PLACES IN SANYA IN CHINESE:
LIST OF REGISTRATION PLACES IN SANYA IN ENGLISH:
1. Vehicle Management Office, Traffic Police Detachment, Sanya Public Security Bureau, Address: Room 3, Chengyue New Energy Automotive Industrial Park, Hairong Street, Jiyang District.
2. Yongcheng Motor Vehicle Registration Station, No. 466-8 Yingcheng Motor Vehicle Inspection Center, Yingbin Street, Jiyang District.
3. Used car market registration point, Address: No. 271, Lizhigou Road, Jiyang District.
4. Dongfeng Honda Park Tiger Registration Station, Address: No. 311, Yuya Road, Sanya City.
5. FAW-Volkswagen Vehicle Service Station, Address: No. 68, Jiyang Avenue, Jiyang District.
When can I check in?
The opening hours of each check-in service station are Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 12:00 and from 13:00 to 17:00.
More registration points will be opened in the future, so stay tuned and pay attention to the official WeChat account "Sanya Traffic Police".
What materials do I need to provide for registration?
According to the Motor Vehicle Registration Regulations, owners of two-wheeled electric motorcycles and electric mopeds must have the following certificates for on-site verification in order to register:
1. Original identity card of the owner of the car (original residence permit);
2. Original certificate of origin of the vehicle;
3. Certificate of tax payment or tax exemption certificate for the purchase of a vehicle
4. Original certificate of compulsory liability insurance for traffic accidents
5. Original certificate of payment of taxes on vehicles or tax exemption.
6. Original Certificate of qualification for the supply of complete vehicles;
7. The original "Certificate of Importation of Goods", issued for imported vehicles;
8. Original or photocopy of other certificates and vouchers required by laws and administrative regulations, which must be presented at the time of registration of the vehicle.
What is the telephone number for consultation?
Registration work by phone: 88869015, 88869006,
consultation time: Monday to Friday 9:00-17:00
Before registration, carefully check the types of vehicles indicated in the Certificate
Created: 19 March 2022