Entry-exit to Hainan and provinces of China: conditions for tests and quarantine
Often in WeChat groups, foreigners in China ask this question: "Can I enter Hainan Province (or any other province of China) without quarantine? without tests"
And they often receive monosyllabic answers in the form of: "Yes! You can!" or not!"
But the very formulation of such a question is fundamentally wrong, because there is no single one-word answer for all those entering Hainan (or any other province of China).
This is because it is ALWAYS necessary to know the color of the health code of the person who will be entering, and to have information about whether this person has been or has not been in high-risk areas in the last 14 days.
Therefore, the general rule (for general cases, but not for all!) Will look like this:
IF YOUR HEALTH CODE IS GREEN AND YOU HAVE NOT BEEN ABROAD AND IN RISK AREAS IN THE PAST 14 DAYS, YOU CAN ENTER HAINAN OR OTHER PROVINCE OF CHINA FROM ANOTHER PROVINCE WITHOUT TESTS AND QUARANTINE
But exceptions and additions are sometimes made from this rule (not often, but periodically due to various events, for example, the Olympics, holidays, etc.)
Hainan Province has also introduced such a supplement, the Hainan Provincial Novel Coronavirus Epidemic Prevention and Control Headquarters issued a "Notice on Further Strengthening the Recent Novel Corona Epidemic Prevention and Control" (hereinafter referred to as the "Notice").
According to which, Hainan Province is currently a low-risk area and you can leave the island as usual.
When leaving the island, you need to check the epidemic prevention policy of the destination.
WHEN THERE IS A QUARANTINE WHEN ENTRY TO HAINAN
When people come to Hainan from high-risk areas or from abroad, they must be isolated for 14 days and observed for 7 days at home, and samples will be taken for testing for coronavirus on the 1st and 13th days.
TESTS FOR CORONAVIRUS
Between January 11 and March 15, 2022, people will arrive on the island with a 48-hour coronavirus-free certificate. If there is no negative coronavirus test certificate, samples will be taken at the place of arrival.
Please scan the "Hainan Health Code" upon check-in and notify the community (hotel, household) within 24 hours and take the initiative to monitor your health within 14 days.
DEPARTURE FROM AIRPORTS
1. Haikou Meilan International Airport:
All passengers (including meeting and seeing-off staff) entering the terminal of Haikou Meilan International Airport must present the "Hainan Health Code" or the "National Integrated Public Services Platform for Epidemic Prevention Health Information Code" in green, and must properly wear a mask and participate in temperature check. For passengers such as the elderly and children who cannot obtain a "health code", the accompanying person can apply for a family "health code" on their behalf.
2. Sanya Phoenix International Airport:
1. Passengers departing from Sanya must present the Hainan Sanitary Code or the Green Code of the State Sanitary Inspection Council to enter the airport.
Passengers currently flying to Shaanxi Province, Beijing, Urumqi, Harbin, Shenyang, Xining, Changzhou, Tianjin and Changsha undergo a nucleic acid test within 48 hours before boarding the aircraft (this rule may be supplemented by other cities or excluded from the above cities after the change in the epidemiological situation in these cities, specify: city code +12345).
2. The public and tourists are advised to apply for the Hainan Health Code or the State Council Health Code at least one day before travel and confirm whether it is a green code. At the same time, travel must be in accordance with the epidemic prevention policy of the destination, which may be affected by the abnormal health code and non-compliance with the destination policy.
3. If a passenger departing from Hainan has symptoms such as fever, in accordance with the Hainan Health Code and the State Council Health Code, he/she can travel with a clinic visit record and a negative test certificate (not earlier than the time of visit hospital), otherwise travel will be impossible.
Disclaimer: This information may change at any time, you assume all responsibility and must independently verify any information before using it in official sources and by phone: code of the city where you are entering +12345
Created: 17 February 2022