Russia abolished the payment of customs duties on the import of equipment and raw materials for 47 types of activities
On May 16, 2022, Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin said the following at an operational meeting with Deputy Prime Ministers: “The government continues to work on creating a green corridor for the import of essential products into the country. From among those that are not yet produced in Russia and in general on the territory of the Eurasian Economic Union.
Appropriate decisions have already been made regarding essential commodities, such as medicines and food. Now we are additionally zeroing out import duties on technological equipment, components, raw materials and materials that will be used in the implementation of large investment projects. First of all, in agriculture, manufacturing, construction, transport and IT.
Andrey Removich (addressing A. Belousov), I ask you to coordinate this work. Including - preparation of proposals for priority projects, which will be subject to a preferential customs regime. It is important to help Russian investors overcome the consequences of economic sanctions by unfriendly states.”
The Prime Minister of the Russian Federation spoke about Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation dated May 9, 2022 No. 839 "On the procedure for granting tariff benefits in the form of exemption from payment of import customs duties in relation to technological equipment, components and spare parts for it, raw materials and materials imported for exclusive use on the territory of the Russian Federation as part of the implementation of investment projects corresponding to the priority type of activity (sector of the economy) of the Russian Federation, and on exemption from providing security for the fulfillment of the obligation to pay customs duties in respect of these goods.
Technological equipment, components and spare parts for it, as well as raw materials and materials for the implementation of investment projects in sectors important for the economy, can be imported into the country without paying customs duties.
The list of investment projects that require foreign technological equipment, raw materials and materials will be formed by the subcommittee on customs-tariff and non-tariff regulation, protective measures in foreign trade of the government commission on economic development and integration. The government will approve it. The volume of capital investments for each investment project applying for inclusion in the list must be at least 250 million rubles.
The register of goods for duty-free import will also be approved by the Government. They can be used exclusively on the territory of Russia and only for the implementation of a specific investment project.
According to the text of the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of May 9, 2022 No. 839, the list of priority activities (sectors of the economy) of the Russian Federation for the implementation of investment projects for which it will be possible to import technological equipment, components, raw materials and materials into the country without paying customs duties is as follows:
1. Agriculture, forestry, hunting, fishing and fish farming:
- Crop and animal husbandry, hunting and the provision of related services in these areas;
- Fishing and fish farming 03.
- Provision of services in the field of oil and natural gas production;
- Provision of services in other areas of mining.
3. Manufacturing industries:
- Food production;
- Beverage production;
- Manufacture of textile products;
- Manufacture of wearing apparel;
- Manufacture of leather and leather products;
- Woodworking and production of products from wood and cork, except for furniture, production of products from straw and materials for plaiting;
- Manufacture of paper and paper products;
- Printing activities and copying of information carriers;
- Manufacture of chemicals and chemical products;
- Production of medicines and materials used for medical purposes;
- Manufacture of rubber and plastic products;
- Manufacture of other non-metallic mineral products;
- Metallurgical production;
- Manufacture of finished metal products, except for machinery and equipment;
- Manufacture of computers, electronic and optical products;
- Manufacture of electrical equipment;
- Manufacture of machinery and equipment not included in other groups;
- Manufacture of motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers;
- Manufacture of other vehicles and equipment;
- Furniture manufacture;
- Manufacture of other finished products;
- Repair and installation of machinery and equipment.
4. Water supply; water disposal, organization of collection and disposal of waste, activities for the elimination of pollution:
- Collection, processing and disposal of waste; processing of secondary raw materials.
- Construction of engineering structures;
- Exploratory drilling.
6. Transportation and storage:
- Activities of railway transport: intercity and international passenger transportation;
- Activities of railway transport: freight traffic;
- Activities of other land passenger transport;
- Activities of road freight transport and transportation services;
- Activities of pipeline transport;
- Activities of maritime passenger transport;
- Activities of maritime freight transport;
- Activities of inland water passenger transport;
- Activities of inland water freight transport;
- Activity of passenger air transport;
- Activities of cargo air transport and space transport;
- Warehousing and auxiliary transport activities.
7. Activities in the field of information and communication:
- Activities in the field of television and radio broadcasting;
- Activities in the field of telecommunications;
- Activities in the field of information technology.
8. Professional, scientific and technical activities:
- Geological exploration, geophysical and geochemical works in the field of subsoil study and reproduction of the mineral resource base;
- Scientific research and development.
Created: 22 May 2022