Forget the Northern Sea Route? !!!

Модератор: zlata

Forget the Northern Sea Route? !!!

Сообщение DARPA » 02 мар 2015, 19:31

Some time ago I was asked to comment on this post here on the Northern Sea Route, "Northern Sea Route? Forget it!".
Because Many readers of my magazine are interested in this question, the answer, I decided to write a post. And also you can clarify ambiguities, discuss, and so on.
I will not remember "Economics of maritime transport." But ...
1. This is a big misconception that of SMP remember three times a year. On SMP, the Arctic, not only in our country but also in the world much more likely to remember. Through numerous workshops, conferences and so on., And so on. Arctic - by far one of the most powerful sources of news for the media. I'm not talking about memories of those who were engaged in labor activity, whether it's from London (IMO), Paris (Total) or Moscow, but also directly to those on the north coast of Russia or along it works.
2. I would like to remind that Peter 1 MV Lomonosov, adm. SO Makarov, DI Mendeleev dreamed of navigation along the front of Russia, which faces the Arctic Ocean, knowing that it is vital for the country both economically and from the defense point of view. And long before the DSP literature to Mangazeya went Court foreign merchants.
3. Northern delivery, unfortunately (or fortunately) is not gone forever. And each year goes by. Our northern territories that are adjacent to the SMP, imported petroleum products, supplies, food, building materials and so on. So it has historically, that most of our land above the Arctic Circle, there are not built the railroads, and the people living there, and you must protect.
4. As for the specialized fleet with ice class. Yes, in the world at this very fleet this is not so much, but there is no need for this. But we all remember the story of 2010 and the Gulf of Finland - hundreds of ships stuck in the ice and requiring assistance of icebreakers. I just want to remind you that all these ships have ice class, allowing them to pass through the NSR, subject to certain conditions. This, in general, occurs because many tankers that I met while working in the Gulf - and then walked behind us and in the waters of the Arctic Ocean.
5. Northern Sea Route function. Normal or not normal, where the criteria?
Here's an example data for the summer-autumn navigation only transit passes in 2013:
The number of ships in the directions: East-West - 41; East-West - 30.
Flags of countries:
RF - 46, PANAMA - 6, LIBERIA - 5, Marshall Islands - 2, GREECE - 2, CYPRUS - 2, NORWAY - 2, FINLAND - 2, MALTA - 1
HONG KONG - 1, BERMUDA - 1, Antigua and Barbuda - 1.
All ships under foreign flag: 25 of the 11 States. Court, darting through the NSR and fro in cabotage, are not included here.
6. Yes, SMP is not very willing to assist the court, who forgot to fill up their tanks with fuel or water. And ports of refuge from the airport for the repatriation of seafarers is not there. But - between Murmansk and Pevek - only 10-12 days of travel. But to cross the Pacific Ocean courts have sometimes month. Emergency medical care may have ledokolschiki themselves or help deliver patient in Dixon, Tiksi, Pevek.
7. The passage of any commercial vessel which is authorized by the Administration of the SMP, in the waters of the Northern Sea Route has the same legal status as when sailing along the coast of Europe.
8. Again Putin !!!! Personally, I have never heard that the President of the Russian Federation anyone lured to the SMP. All the care of the state, just in solving the problems SMEs that are available at the moment (to assist the courts in the technical, emergency, medical, navigation, etc. issues).
9. The Northern Sea Route is needed ourselves. He is not an alternative to the Suez or Panama canals. We build deep in the Arctic Circle a new modern port Sabetta. We provide our people living in the far north. We build military bases in the Arctic to protect our land, both on the mainland and offshore.
10. That the 2014 Olympics showed that the country is able to carry out his plan.
11. Still remember the economy: correctly seen that icebreakers is not economically viable to stand by the wall. Therefore, at a time when the need to date on the SMP in atomic icebreakers reduced (June-August) and they take tourists to the North Pole.
DARPA

Вернуться в HIGHLIGHTS STORIES