About the work in a Japanese company

Модератор: zlata

About the work in a Japanese company

Сообщение DARPA » 03 апр 2015, 14:04

Retold on behalf of a former colleague and translator.

I have worked in Japan for six months somewhere. And then everything is so tired, and threw left! What got me so?
After a job has learned that because the company is small and economical, toilet wash all employees at a time. Everything, everything, even the director, no one get away. My I somehow this one to fail him, toilet, and then suddenly comes grandfather and starts complaining: "What is it you do not try at all, do not have to do it!" Rolls up his sleeves and takes a brush, kneels and begins with a sense of scrub. I'm a little stunned and stared at his bald spot. Then my grandfather stood up, proud that performed work: "Now you understand? The next time you check again!"

What else is in the example? I lived in an apartment near the office, it is constantly used and caused it in the evening, then Saturday. Time is not paid. Once the working day is over, I will gladly go back home, looking forward to dinner, I go on the stairs and see a door beckoning, I call: "Sorry, but your help is urgently needed, go back to the office!" Hell, all politely say, but that does not refuse. Came back and worked until nine. You can not be late, even if the previous day you arrested. That's the way the pieces and took away his spare time.

When morning came into office, we had necessarily loud, cheerfully greet. I have somehow not very good, often reproached: "What are you, C.-san, you have even louder! Fun! Vigorously!" It got to the point that forced several times to repeat the greeting, until it becomes quite cheerful. Felt some parrot.

Every week we gathered in a circle, one person chooses one rule from the list of company rules, reads it aloud, and then all the rest had to express your opinion about this rule. And, of course, neither of which it was not a democracy. We had to agree, but what some other words to speak: "Yes, yes, very good rule of thumb, it unites the team and so on."

Take time off and go to the doctor - it's incredible. My health was okay, but the poor fellow did not want to let go, even though she had health problems. All require some endless statements and information. Even off at their own expense not allowed, such as they are not accepted.

Maybe I was not lucky with the company, but something I do not dare to tempt fate and returned to Russia.

My comment:
Honestly, I do not know how all this is common in Japan, but certainly present.

Saw a special card with a description of the corporate values ​​that employees constantly had to carry around and periodically discuss with the immediate supervisor of their contents. Corporate newspapers and magazines that tell in what department as produced what were competitions. Sometimes even write that someone the child was born. Here in St. Petersburg also conducted a marathon, the winner was sent to Japan for the next stage of the competition. Conduct special events production seems in Turkey: who will perform faster and better work on your site.

The toilets are cleaned, probably only in small companies, large about such heard.

Comment caperucita_foka:
Well, I worked for two years in a small trading company in the business of Tokyo. Dress code was not too overtime almost was not, or rarely, and not scary. Wacky Staf-rallies, chants and reports was not there - we have quite a sane head of a man, all that does not like the husk. I think if he was Russian, he would have talked mat)))
But here's the cleaner as a class do not categorically! In the office, only 6 employees, including two ladies - I'm Russian colleague. And toilets and general cleaning done all we had a couple. We no it does not create a duty. But we have a common toilet at all, there is an office - as an apartment. If we had not been washed periodically toilet, we would not have to go there yourself. For all men obssykali: (((I'm not wearing sneakers toilet finally never! Pissed. Once a year, before the New Year around the office cleaned, and so - no cleaners. It is sad. I am now at a new job, there is a similar situation like I not yet understood, but it seems the special cleaners are not.

Comment yaponskiebudni1:

Got, because now working in Japan in the Japanese company. It seems to me that everything described in the post - this is the norm for Japan. We are all the same, only the toilets do not mine. The company is big enough, so there is a cleaning lady. Well, but we ourselves Towelie erase the kitchen: a duty, and only for girls.
And slogan about safety every morning chorus creditable. About to take time off somewhere - it depends on the department. But I know of cases where a woman was not allowed to the child in the garden, despite the fact that she got a call from the garden that the baby temperature. I would spit on everything and gone, and she dutifully remained to work ... In general, a lot of things "interesting" is.

About the time at work - also depends on where and by whom you work.
I was offered a job in the Russian-Japanese company that sells car parts, but "pleased" that they almost always working six days a week. I refused, something I was not impressed, with the salary was only 45 000 rubles + payment of property! But this does not mean that Japan adopted a six-day schedule.

When I went to training in the head office in Tokyo, noticed that the majority still takes time. Asked his colleagues, they said delayed when a lot of work in the reporting period (in accounting work) and on ordinary days time. Generally told that they like conditions: also sent for training abroad (one in Canada lived a few months), in appearance a strict dress code is not (I'm not so long ago trying to post pictures of them), the normal bosses, on Saturday to work not chase . I'm fine with them always communicated: polite, explain everything, friendly, smiling. The only thing that some of them worked on temporary contracts, remember that it was a letter with photos, that such a more us will not work. The photograph it with other colleagues, with bouquets of flowers and gifts.

Those who linger often do so not because of working overload. For example, it is inconvenient to leave early chief, and something bad about him think. Or tacitly accepted them so many hours in a month stay, and here he sits and makes clever person (TM), although there is no work. When in Russia on a business trip arrives, often half the time sleeping, talking or watching the computer, because absolutely nothing to do. If the authorities do not have, then to the hotel before leaving.

Other methods: administered in the office card system throughput, which notes how many came and went officer. Even 5 minutes late? Write an explanation! Send ads that can not be in the office talk, laugh and enjoy the personal mobile phone, even if you do not speak, but just something to look at it.

Of course, everywhere there are difficulties, but if you want to work in a Japanese company, you have to be mentally prepared that something you are very surprised and even shocked.
DARPA

Вернуться в HIGHLIGHTS STORIES