Traffic rules in China: softening and changing penalties for a number of violations in the new traffic rules
According to Chinese media, The Ministry of Public Security of China has issued "Measures to Combat Illegal Actions in Road Safety" (Order of the Ministry of Public Security No. 163), which will be officially put into effect on April 1, 2022.
Consider the requirements of the new traffic rules, compared with the old traffic rules in China.
Reduced penalties for violations:
- Driving a vehicle that does not comply with the type of driving allowed (from 12 points to 9 points)
- Driving a motor vehicle in violation of prohibition signs and prohibitory markings (from 3 points to 1 point)
- Cars driving on the road without a car license plate, or intentionally covering, distorting or not installing a car license plate in accordance with the rules (from 12 points to 9 points)
- Driving a motorcycle without a protective helmet (from 2 points to 1 point)
- When the vehicle is driving on a highway or urban expressway, the driver does not wear a seat belt as required (from 2 points to 1 point)
Increased penalties for violations:
-When the car is moving, when the car in front stops in line or drives slowly, overtaking (from 2 points to 3 points)
-Driving a car with behavior such as using or answering a mobile phone that interferes with safe driving (from 2 points to 3 points)
-Replacing the real driver of the car to take the punishment for the traffic violation (12 points) .
- Illegal car parking on expressways or city expressways (9 points)
This information is for preliminary and reference purposes only, be sure to check all information in official sources before any use.
Создано: 21 февраля 2022