These rules apply regardless of what mode of transport you entered Russia.
According to the requirements of the Decree of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation of March 18, 2020 No. 7 “On ensuring the isolation regime in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19” (Decree of the Chief State Sanitary Doctor of the Russian Federation No. 21 of July 28, 2021).
Citizens of Russia arriving in the Russian Federation (with the exception of members of the crew of an aircraft, sea and river vessels; crews of international railway traffic; drivers of vehicles of international traffic) must, without fail, within 4 calendar days from the date of arrival in Russia, must place on the Unified Portal of state and municipal services (“Gosuslugi”) information about the results of a study on COVID-19 using a polymerase chain reaction (PCR test), past illness or vaccination;
Foreign citizens and stateless persons who are subject to the provisions of clause 2 of Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 635-r dated March 16, 2020 (hereinafter referred to as the Decree) entering Russia from the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) - Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Belarus by air, present through the mobile application "I'm traveling without COVID-19" a negative PCR test result, carried out no earlier than 3 days before entry, with the exception of persons arriving in Russia from third countries through the territories of the EAEU member states in transit or for a short stopover, subject to the presentation of a negative result of a PCR test carried out on the territory of a third state no earlier than 3 days before arrival in Russia, as well as tickets or boarding passes for the entire route to Russia;
Foreign citizens and stateless persons, who are subject to the provisions of paragraph 2 of the order, entering Russia from Azerbaijan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan by air (according to the List), present a negative test result through the mobile application "I'm traveling without COVID-19" for the presence of coronavirus infection, selected no earlier than 3 days before entry, with the exception of persons arriving in Russia from third countries through the territories of the above 5 countries in transit or with a short stop, subject to the presentation of a negative result of a PCR test conducted on the territory of a third state not earlier than 3 days before arrival in Russia, as well as tickets or boarding passes for the entire route to Russia (clause 1).
In accordance with the Decree of Rospotrebnadzor (No. 7 of March 18, 2020), Russian citizens arriving in the country by any mode of transport must:
- before arriving in the country at the “Gosuslugakh”, fill out the form “Registration of those arriving in the Russian Federation”;
- within 3 calendar days from the date of arrival, undergo a single laboratory test for COVID-19 using the PCR method and, within 4 days from the date of arrival, place the result of the PCR test on the State Services;
- until the results of a laboratory test for COVID-19 by PCR are obtained, observe the isolation regime at the place of residence (stay);
- Those arriving in the country from abroad do not need to take a PCR test if they have been vaccinated against COVID-19 in the last 12 months or have had the disease in the last 6 months. Information about vaccination or past disease must be placed on the "State Services" within 4 calendar days from the date of arrival in the country;
- for citizens crossing the border with Abkhazia as part of a circular migration (working in Sochi or living in Abkhazia), as well as for Russians visiting Abkhazia as part of one-day excursion groups, the requirement to pass a PCR test within 3 days does not apply.
Foreign citizens arriving in Russia must:
- provide a document (in Russian or English) confirming the negative result of a laboratory test of the material for COVID-19 by PCR, carried out no earlier than 3 days before arrival in Russia;
- observe isolation for a period of 14 calendar days from the date of arrival in Russia for the purpose of carrying out labor activities.
- ensure that employees leaving Russia are informed about the need for laboratory tests for COVID-19 using the PCR method within three calendar days from the date of arrival of the employee in Russia, as well as compliance with the isolation regime at the place of residence (stay) until the results of the specified laboratory test are received;
- check the availability of medical documents confirming a negative result of a laboratory test for COVID-19 by PCR, obtained at least three calendar days before arrival in Russia, when foreign citizens and stateless persons are involved in labor activities.
Attention! Article 6.3. Part 2 of the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Russian Federation provides for administrative liability for failure to comply with the requirements for posting the results of PCR testing for COVID-19 on the Gosuslugi website.
If you do not have a certificate of vaccination or a history of coronavirus in public services, you need to take a PCR test within three days after returning. The result must be uploaded to the public services portal within four days after entry. To do this, fill out the questionnaire and attach a document with the analysis to it.
Until you get a negative result, you will have to observe self-isolation - at home or at the place of stay. If you do not pass the test or do not upload the result to public services, you face a fine of 15,000 to 40,000 rubles