The decision to amend the "Several Provisions of the Supreme People's Court of China on Evidence in Civil Proceedings" announced on December 26 last year clarified that recordings of WeChat and Weibo chats can be used as statutory evidence.
According to the "Decision of the Supreme People's Court to Amend " announced on December 26, recordings of WeChat and Weibo chats may be officially used as evidence in future lawsuits.
According to the decision, electronic data includes the following information and electronic documents：
1. Information published on web platforms such as web pages, blogs, microblogs, etc.；
2. Communication information of network application services such as mobile phone SMS, email, instant messaging, distribution groups, etc.；
3. User registration information, authentication identification information, electronic transaction records, communication records, login logs and other information；
4. Electronic documents such as documents, images, audio, video, digital certificates, computer programs, etc.
5. Other information stored, processed or transmitted in digital form that can confirm the facts of the case.