How to de-register at the place of residence in Russia if you are abroad (in China)

To de-register at the place of residence in Russia, if you are abroad (in China), you need to

  apply to the relevant Russian consulate in China or in your country of residence to certify the authenticity of the signature on such an application or to a notary with subsequent legalization of the document (for example, contact a Chinese notary in your city).


In most cases, it is much easier to apply to the Russian consulate, because the document from a notary in China will have to be legalized and it will take much longer.


That is, to extract from the apartment, while in China (or in another country), you must do the following:


1. Make an application. Write an application for deregistration at the place of residence to the department of the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Russia in accordance with the address of your place of residence in the Russian Federation.

2. Apply in person to the Consulate of the Russian Federation in China (or in your country of residence). Certify your signature on the application. Take an application and both passports with you: a foreign passport and an internal one.

3. Send a certified application by mail. The main condition specified in the by-law on the case of deregistration of a citizen who is actually outside the Russian Federation is that the application must be sent by post from Kiai (from your country of residence).


To process these documents at the Consulate General, you must make an appointment with the notary department through the electronic queue of the Civil Code website (one entry - one consular action) and have completed document templates in electronic form on a USB flash drive.


 Upon receipt of properly executed documents independently sent by a citizen to the territorial body of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, his deregistration at the place of residence is carried out in an indisputable manner.

The addresses of the territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia on the territory of the Russian Federation, as well as the list of necessary documents for deregistration of citizens are indicated on the website of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia: