Legalization of Chinese documents of foreigner in China: where and how to legalize a Chinese diploma, certificate and other documents

The process of legalizing Chinese documents in China is simple and takes a little time, in general, to legalize Chinese documents, you first contact a Chinese notary in your city of registration in China, the notary will give you the address of an authorized translator, you will translate the text of this document into the language of your citizenship (in Russian, English or any other) and take the translation of the document back to the notary.


A Chinese notary will then notarize this translation of the document and then you will take at least two copies of this translation to the College of Foreign Affairs in your province in China, after that, when the College of Foreign Affairs in your province in China will certify these documents with their seals and return these documents to you already with your stamps, you go to the Consulate General (or Embassy) of your country in China and finally legalize your Chinese document for use in the country of your citizenship.


It must be borne in mind that in order to simplify the legalization of their documents by foreigners in China, many provinces of China have an ONLINE LEGALIZATION procedure. Consider the online legalization of Chinese documents of a foreigner using the example of Hainan province (in other provinces of China, a very similar process).


On Hainan Island, the online platform of the Foreign Affairs Office of Hainan Province “One Net Service” has been launched (there are similar services in other provinces of China), so you can apply for legalization of your documents online, you must complete the following steps in the application:

1. Fill out the online application at this address (there is also a small cartoon instruction in Chinese on this page):


2. Mail original foreign documents that require consular verification to Haikou, Hainan Province);


3. Pay online or contact the provincial government service center to pay by card on the spot.


4. Make sure the information you enter is correct and accurate.


5. If you have any questions, please call (0898) 65316350 for advice.


6. If you are applying for dual certification, then representatives of the following countries must arrive in person at the place to complete the formalities: Oman, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Italy, Bahrain, South Korea, Bolivia, Iran, Lebanon, Ethiopia, Libya, United Kingdom, Mauritania , Colombia, Morocco, Switzerland, Serbia, Cuba, Syria, Cambodia, Israel, Australia, Ukraine, Bulgaria, UAE, Qatar


Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 12:00, from 14:30 to 17:30 in the afternoon

Set time: 5-10 working days


Anyone who is registered in Hainan Province should contact the local College of Foreign Affairs at:



电话:0898-65343202(秘书处) 0898-65316350领事认证)


电子信箱:This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.