According to the official WeChat account of the National Health Insurance Administration of China, the National Health Insurance Administration, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Finance, and the National Health Commission have issued a Medical Expenses Payment Notice. for foreign patients with coronavirus.
In accordance with the current COVID-19 prevention and control situation, in order to conscientiously implement the overall strategy for the prevention and control of "foreign import of coronavirus and domestic recovery" and to properly carry out their work of paying medical expenses for foreign COVID-19 patients, the relevant matters by this Notice regulated as follows:
1. Under the leadership of the local epidemic response leadership group (headquarters), relevant departments in various places should work closely to obtain relevant real-time information about foreign patients and do their job well in treating and paying medical expenses in due course .
2. For foreign patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 who did not participate in basic health insurance in China, medical institutions must treat them first before charging fees to ensure that all claims are received; medical expenses must be borne by the patients themselves. Those who participate in commercial health insurance must be paid in a timely manner by the commercial insurance company in accordance with the contract.
3. For foreign patients with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 who participate in basic health insurance in China, basic health insurance and critical illness insurance are paid in accordance with the rules, and the rest of the costs are borne by patients.
4. For foreigners participating in basic health care in China, medical expenses incurred during the observation period at the hospital must be paid by basic health insurance in accordance with the rules. Those who do not participate in basic health insurance in China pay the costs themselves.
5. Expenses related to the centralized isolation of foreigners (quarantine) shall be paid by foreigners.
6. Relevant departments in various places should do a good job of treating, resettling and monitoring foreign patients with coronavirus. In case of serious problems and situations, report to the National Health Security Administration, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Finance, the National Health Commission and other departments in a timely manner.
No information about compensation or payments to foreigners during the quarantine could be found.
Disclaimer: This information is provided for preliminary information only, before any use, be sure to check all the information you need with Chinese government agencies.