Simplification for obtaining Chinese visas and entry to China from Indonesia without an invitation for a visa from June 20, 2022
On the website of the PRC Embassy in Indonesia last night, information appeared in Chinese and English on the new procedure for entering China and obtaining Chinese visas in Indonesia from June 20, 2022, the website of the PRC Embassy in Russia has not yet been able to find similar information, but, probably, similar information may appear on the websites of embassies in Russia and other countries, since previously, in most cases, foreigners entered China according to unified rules.
The following is a translation of this article, all information is for reference only, before any use, be sure to check all the details with the Chinese Embassy.
China Visa Policy Update Notice (Updated 2022-06-08 23:14)
Since the advent of COVID-19, the Chinese government has been committed to putting people and life first by preventing both imported cases and domestic outbreaks, as well as pursuing science-based targeted epidemic control and a dynamic zero-COVID policy. Such efforts ensured maximum protection of the health and safety of people at home and abroad. In light of the changing global picture of the pandemic, in order to further facilitate necessary cross-border travel, the Chinese Embassy in Indonesia will adjust the visa policy for foreign nationals traveling to China starting June 20 as follows:
1. Who can get a visa
(1) Foreign citizens and accompanying family members who will be engaged in diplomatic, official activities in China or who meet the conditions of the visa.
(2) Foreign nationals and accompanying family members traveling to China to resume business in all areas.
(3) Family members of Chinese citizens and foreigners with permanent residence in China for family reunification or visiting relatives.
"Family members" means: spouses, parents, parents of spouses, children, spouses of children, siblings, grandparents and grandchildren.
(4) Foreign crew members of aircraft, trains and ships, drivers of motor vehicles carrying out cross-border transport activities.
(5) Foreign nationals traveling to China for humanitarian reasons
(6) Other foreign nationals with the express permission of the relevant Chinese authorities.
Note: The application for a visa for tourism, medical treatment and other personal purposes is temporarily suspended.
2. Visa application procedure
(1) Please visit the China Visa Application Service Center Jakarta website https://bio.visaforchina.org/JKT2_EN/
Please fill in your detailed and real information in the online application for m and the confirmation page. Then make an appointment with your application number following the system's instructions. And bring all the required documents to the Visa Application Center or the Chinese Embassy at the appointed time.
(2) The Visa Application Center only accepts visa applications from Indonesian citizens holding regular passports or third country nationals holding a long-term residence or work permit in Indonesia.
(3) Applicants holding diplomatic, service or official passports in the consular district of the Chinese Embassy in Indonesia can apply for a visa directly to the Chinese Embassy.
3. Relevant instructions
(1) Before handling, prepare the following materials:
- Questionnaire for obtaining a visa to the People's Republic of China.
- Confirmation of the online visa application.
- Original passport with at least 6 months validity, with 2 or more blank visa pages and a photocopy of the relevant passport pages.
- Old passports not older than 5 years and photocopies of relevant pages of passports.
- Travel itinerary.
- Certificate of vaccination against COVID-19.
- Recently taken color passport photographs (Full face, front view and bare head. Size: 48mm×33mm).
- Other necessary materials required by the Chinese Embassy and the Visa Application Center.
(2) Foreign nationals must be vaccinated before entering China, and COVID-19 vaccines must be approved for emergency use or licensed for use by China or WHO.
Please refer to the Chinese Embassy website for Notice of Assistance to Foreign Nationals with Chinese Covid-19 Vaccines (Including Boosters): http://id.china-embassy.gov.cn/eng/lsqw/202103 /t20210325_8924465.htm
(3) Foreign nationals traveling to China to work must provide a letter of notification of a foreigner's work permit in the People's Republic of China. An official invitation is no longer required.
(4) Foreign nationals traveling to China to resume business must provide a formal letter of invitation. Accompanying family members can apply for a visit visa with proof of relationship. An official invitation for accompanying family members is no longer required.
(5) Family members of Chinese citizens or foreigners who have permanent residence in China for family reunification or visiting relatives must provide evidence of family relationship (such as marriage certificate, birth certificate or notarized certificate of relationship, etc.). ) .
4. Time limit
Processing time is usually 4 business days. Applicant can apply for express service and Green Channel service if needed. The time for supplementing materials, checking the individual circumstances of the applicant, force majeure and other reasons within the specified period is not counted.
5. Visa fees
Please refer to the Chinese Embassy website for visa fees
Created: 09 June 2022